Sunday, May 25, 2014

Recipe for Enhanced Italian Wedding Progresso Soup

Here's my recipe for the randomly enhanced soup I made. By randomly, I mean I pulled random ingredients from my house that I knew would all work well together and threw them into a pot to make something that tastes way better than soup from a can. This recipe works perfectly for those who are busy and want something quick and tasty, a broke college student, a young adult with lots of activities, etc.

Healthfully speaking, here's what I put in:

1/4 cup red beans
1 piece of bacon (minced) -- or 1/2 tsp bacon bits will work too
1/2 tsp freeze dried chives
2 small anchovy filets (that you'd find in the cans), cut into tiny pieces
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp lime juice
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 tsp chili garlic sauce
1 tbsp shredded (or grated) parmesan cheese
2 big pieces of seaweed (nori sheets) - ripped into tiny pieces
salt/pepper to taste

Mix ingredients in while cooking the soup on the stove. Enjoy! It's actually really good!


No comments:

Post a Comment