Sunday, January 5, 2020

I Dream of Dark Chocolate

I’ve been single for so long
But am starting to feel more full.
Being different has held me back,
And has put me ahead of the pack.

There’s a twinkle in my eye that’s so close yet so far
I wish I could jump into my phone screen and see you.
You check all my boxes and aren’t a figment of my imagination
Or a cartoon character.
My time with you is like a vacation…
A vacation from my brain that takes me to a paradise island!

Only time will tell
I hope we never yell
Except at a rave,
Which you will be my babe.

You treat me super well,
Which caused me to raise my standards,
Though you are far from standard!

The last time I wrote a love poem
It was 9.5 minutes long and the person turned out to be Voldemort from Harry Potter.

You are like the blotter I put into my mouth and see stars, the moon, and rainbows.
My eyes, ears, and heart are wide open!
I hope this paper is tasteless,
So I can take my dark chocolate bar and run with it.

Pinch me!
I hope this isn’t another fucking dream…


No comments:

Post a Comment