Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Wielding Cancer's Shoulders

My life is changing drastically this week, so I guess today is poem day - "Wielding Cancer's Shoulders"! I was listening to Muse's "The Handler" when writing this too!



Dear Cancer,
Fuck you!
I am the reaper of your soul,
The one responsible for tearing you apart.
You have done enough to hurt me in the past;
I must disassociate myself from you.
You are the pain I no longer need!

I am a warrior,
A newly transformed being;
I am becoming one with the universe,
Awakening to the path of balance and enlightenment.

The world is now mine for conquering!
Holding a black belt means I am ready to wield the weight of the world on my shoulders,
Spreading light and positivity to all,
While sprinkling a little bit of fairy dust on everyone to negate the evils.

Oh Cancer,
You will no longer control my life.
My demons have been unsheathed and leashed for wielding at my will.
I am the one to grip your reins now.

Normalcy never exists,
But sanity and wholeness do.
Mental soundness can be attained with control, resilience, and forward marching.
I am not a dog and shall not be caged.

It is time to free myself of this cancer,
The person I don’t want to be,
And no longer am.
A new life is born,
Without a handler.
You will go to hell where you deserve,
And I will raise my freak flags while receiving 5000 points for doing so.

Behold,
The one you spent your life doubting
Is the one standing upon this pedestal on top,
With you on the bottom beneath my feet.

I am free of you,
Fucking Cancer.
I am ready to wield the weight of the world on my shoulders;
Now it is time!


No comments:

Post a Comment