Sunday, February 2, 2014

Open Mic Night Performance of "The Team"





I went to my first open mic nite EVER at the Heartland Cafe in Rogers Park, Chicago and performed my spoken word poem called "The Team". This is my first time performing my poetry in front of an audience besides my friends, but I started performing in general at a pretty young age and writing poetry (and song lyrics) since 2006.



I gave a little schpeal before this prior to performing this in regards to my advocation for anti bullying that wasn't recorded. I have heard of way too many cases of people killing themselves due to bullying and it needs to stop!



The words to my poem can be found at http://dbzmaron.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-team.html - though there is slight variation between what was said and what I originally wrote!



Pardon my lack of memorization!



This video was taken on 1-29-14. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment