Monday, July 22, 2019

Lonely Habits

It is fuck o'clock in the morning and a manic mood has struck...
I need someone to talk to.

I scroll through long lists of names on my messenger apps and contacts leading to an empty abyss.
I want to text everyone but don't want to put them to the test of whether or not they can handle imperfection...

So I bottle it up into my magic lamp already past the tipping point and the genie is probably yay close to busting out of the lamp to yell at me to come back down to earth...
I turn on my crying music tune out the sound of my nose waterfalling onto my face...
I send several text walls as a cry to the sky for solace...

Feeling like I'm on a cloud I float back down to the prickly grass while trying to avoid the ultimate collapse...
The genie pops out of the lamp and yells at me anyway to snap out of it and turn the other way to those who have their back to you...

Snap out of it! Snap out of it! You don't need to hide anymore!
Someone responds and offers a hand. Real people exist.
I am not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment