Sunday, July 14, 2013

Solitude

Sometimes, people just want to spend some time by themselves for a little bit. I got into a creative mood, grabbed my stuff, and went outside. While sitting on a park bench, I was observing what was going on around me and in my head. With all of that, I poured it into this poem and how I was feeling that day. Enjoy!



It's just another summer day
Early July
And… I get some kind of an itch
A thought pulsating in my mind
That I just wanted some space away from the rest of the world for a couple hours…

I grab my laptop
I grab my car keys
I grab my purse
And dash out the door
Quiet as a mouse
To keep my secretive cover

Wind gently breezing upon me
I embark on a joyride
No one else in sight
I yearned for solitude
A feeling I never thought of even seeing
But it randomly struck me on the shoulder
Now I'm never turning back…

Driving feeling free
Across the open road
With only my spirits beside me
Seeking my one destination
Then I sit in solitude
Not a bother in sight

Where was this freedom all along?
Do I always need more than just myself
To provide me with the reassurance that I can be something?
I can sense and attain this mental praise
Just with some personal exploration
Not feeling lonely
Knowing the others I need are safely elsewhere
And will be with me when they want

Despising noise pollution
Silence is what I seek
Only with music by my side
As pensive as I become
To close my eyes
Envision the infinite
Thoughts churning in circles
Relaxed as a vine

The wind gently wisps against my shoulders
Sitting in a bench
In the middle of a park
Free from a worry in the world
Only me and the art coming from my fingers
And from the painted side
Filled with stories of wisdom
Spewing out to enlighten and empower others
Not for me to selfishly hold within
My heart shares what it must
Never with a drop of hate

Nothing can stop me now
I am the most powerful
As strong as I say I am
Doing what I want
No one can hold me back
As many verbal attacks as they chuck in my face
I shout it out with ease
Pouring my emotions into a string of words artistically tied together
For others to see
And feel inspired by my verbal patterns
Filling me with undiscovered emotions
Desperately needed by me
Just like a rainbow is needed

Some is only to be discovered in solitude
Sitting upon a bench
Different
People can observe all they want
Dish out any creative remark
As I mind my own business
Only building internal empathy
To use as a mystical power
Always yearning to help and uplift the weak minded
Inserting them with analytical thought
With a touch of optimism
Because I decided to play my own game
I was blessed with the power of an extra sense
To be able to read people's vibes
To learn about how humans and the complex minds work within everybody
They can only echo within my skin
Not audible to any unless verbally dispelled through my smile

Solitude not having negative connotations
Being something positive
Enabling the strong to be pensive
Thinking for themselves
Acting as an independent adult
Crossing through the tough transition to the other side
Broken I am never
Selective I am
The highest of standards upheld
Only few understand this notion
Of the meaning of different
Ignorant they are
Only to unleash harm with their bitter lack of an ego
To make others feel weak through their main weakness
The ones who comprehend grab onto the tail of the one
To embark in future wonders

Nonetheless
The only way to discover hidden personal emotions
Is through a power
Discovered by few that is rather helpful
Do or die
In the land of your personal solitude
If you're the chosen one
Than you can follow the hero's path
Discover that special power
Grapple it onto your heart…
Hold on tight
Stand strong
Pretty lady, you got this
You are never lonely, cold, defeated…

Discover the solitude
And you will be on your way to an undiscovered land
Learning a love for your beautiful soul
Able to inspire through experiences
Tough to take
Easy to share
Never to be lost
Always honest through nature
Genuine to all
Observer of kindness
Always tossing negativity in the trash
To fantasize through the stars

It's the only way I can explain
If you don't understand too bad
I'm not a loner, loser, socially awkward person, whatever you wish to call me
I'm just me
Love is the virtue I gravitate towards and embrace
To spread throughout the world
Just latch onto me
I shall do you no wrong
I provide more wonders than error
Give me a chance
I will show you what the power of solitude has brought me
Helping me to shine my light of empathy
And make you the strongest you'll ever see
As long as you believe in the different and embrace the power of the sweetest soul!



If you want some more inspiration or find out when I post my next poem or blog post, like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RebsMcduxler

No comments:

Post a Comment