Thursday, May 29, 2014

IT Field Career Week Presentation for High School Students

For those of you who are ever speaking to students who are in high school about pursuing an IT career, here's what I said for mine. It would have been helpful to be given an example of what "exactly" people present besides an outline because I made everything up and hoped for the best instead of having an example to base my content off of.

I was given the advice to explain more of what I do at my job on a day-to-day basis, as opposed to providing advice on how to be successful in college/land an internship successfully and whatnot.

The presentations were aimed at a 50 minute class towards the student who is most likely to fall asleep/get bored (meaning I tried to be entertaining and informative by what I said and providing videos for the students to watch to give further insight and something to watch besides me talking). I also wanted to be funny because I'm sure high school students don't want to listen to some monotone person blabbing for awhile and because I was giving this presentation on the last week of school.

I also removed some of my personal information from the presentation. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment