Friday, May 16, 2014

Why I Like Drug Store Makeup

If you've ever looked at my instagram, I have posted a fair number of pictures of my uses of drug store makeup. That's because I try not to spend an extravagant amount of money makeup (even though I do have some makeup that's on the higher end, such as Bare Minerals foundations) and I like to use a wide variety of everything to decorate myself. No, I don't get the stuff that's a dollar because it's not going to work too well because you sometimes get what you pay for. I purchase products that are on the higher end of the drug store makeups that are waterproof (for eyeliners and mascara because I hate when makeup smears and starts flaking all over my face), pigmented decently (for eyeshadows), and of course look like they're of a decent quality. Here are some examples of what I use:




These are Physicians Formula eyeliner (yes, this works better than Landcome for me because that one flakes and sometimes gets dry, as opposed to Physicians Formula, which stays on all day doesn't flake, and never has issues with the application), Hard Candy (nail polish and eyeliner), Maybelline (waterproof 7x mascara with purple font and yellow tube), Wet N Wild eyeshadow (the multi colored palettes), and much more!

With nail polish I often like to use a Sally Hansen clear bottom coat and an OPI top coat to preserve the colors for longer (even though those are more expensive). For eye shadow, I would always recommend using some type of primer (I like the Landcome nude, even though that's on the pricer side too… yes, I mix cheap and expensive products to make a happy medium of pretty).

If you're looking for cheap while wanting to beautify yourself, drug stores are the way to go! With drug store makeup, one of the only downfalls is that you sometimes have to reapply more frequently or the color fades, as opposed to nicer products, such as Urban Decay (which I love, by the way). Other than that, I think it's pretty worth it. Mixing the cheap eye shadow with the expensive base preserves the color all day (and you only use a little of the base too)!

This is some of what I do with my drug store makeup. This was done with Wet N Wild eye shadow (the hot pink palette and the orange palette), Physicians Formula eyeliner, and Maybelline Mascara (waterproof 7x mascara with purple font and yellow tube). More is on my instagram -- instagram.com/superandroid15 - Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment