Saturday, November 7, 2015

Review of Walden Farms Caesar Salad Dressing

Fat free Caesar dressing.... hmmmmm. At a first glance, you think something like this is too good to be true... because it is. Over the course of time and many words with the wise people who enter my life, I heard that fat or calorie free food has a lot of fake crap in it. When I go to taste the dressing, I feel like I'm eating flavor free paper. I then reflect to myself, "what the hell did I do and why does this taste so bland?" It was only until then I had a flashback of when I was about 8 years old and wanted to have a piece of cheese after a day of swimming at my grandma's place. Unfortunately the only cheese she owned was fat free... and fat free sometimes can mean flavor free... and flavor free means tasting like cardboard. When I noticed the dressing tasted flavorless, I had to doctor it with ingredients I use to make Caesar dressing in order to make it taste good. I am definitely not buying or recommending this brand to anyone because fat free means flavor free! If you want good Caesar dressing that's healthy and full of flavor, just suck it up and eat the calories or find/make dressing with Greek Yogurt. Some fat free products are good, but besides for yogurt, most dairy products that are fat free are generally a miss for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment