Friday, April 11, 2014

Dear Greasy Goodness

Bacon is seriously the most amazing thing ever! It really is! I ended up writing about bacon due to entering a poetry contest, and this is the awesomeness I came up with. Enjoy!



Dear greasy goodness,
Thank you for always being there for me
With your succulent strips of pig-flavored perfection
That can participate in all sorts of edible indulgences.
Your flawless curves are well-suited for anything ranging from an ice cream party for one
To a bacon burger bonanza fit for a king!

You help me triumph through those chilly nights of darkness and despair,
Those tough days at work when going home is the first thing on my mind,
And you even uplift me when I’m feeling above the clouds…
For that, you will always be thanked for your positive vibes and free spirit!

You dance in the frying pan like a dazzling fireworks display
As you sizzle and sweat your sweet aroma into the atmosphere.
You flood my taste buds with a sensational experience of rich, hearty deliciousness
That makes my mouth thirst for more!

You have tackled our culture by storm,
Turning us into a bacon-crazed nation!
You have become a world renowned sensation of feeding our guilty pleasures
Because you promote bliss and uplift our spirits when the skies are stormy,
Despite how absolutely unhealthy you are…

You are the candy of all meats that we constantly crave,
The comfort food that melts all of our hearts,
The prime example of balance in your palette when that very first crunch contacts your teeth,
And best of all,
You will never hear anyone sing the bacon meat blues!

With every ounce of love in my heart,
From the rest of the bacon universe to all you beautiful little piggies out there,
You will always be thanked for your impeccable greasy goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment