Saturday, April 12, 2014

Jerkface

Welcome to your blast from the past... starring me! I'm going to show all of you people out there the tremendous difference in my writing from when I first started writing poetry back in 2006 up until now. This poem was written in June, 2006 and will be heavily revised by me tonight and reposted. This is actually one of the very first poems I wrote ever, and for some reason I always liked to include lost (yorkie) puppies in them. Here is the version from the past:



“Bark” *insert scream here* goes the poor little yorkie lost from her home
No one trusts her, no one loves her, she was pretty much abandoned
She randomly wanders around crying… silently

She goes to a place her owner used to take her and sees all of the other dogs having their little fun; she just stands there and watches
Since she cannot enter, she just thinks of herself as a “lost puppy”
She sees her owner nearby and runs up and scratches him
The previous owner totally abused her, a lot more than just a meaningless scratch

She isn’t the jerk, her owner is, but why doesn’t anyone see the owner as the bad guy?

And when her owner is alone in the world, she will know why!

No comments:

Post a Comment