Wednesday, July 9, 2014

What is Dojo (Programming)?

The reason why I’m writing a blog on this is because I want to practice my skills in blog writing in regards to IT-related topics, I want to learn about programming more (and do it more too of course), and I have an assignment at work where I’m helping someone else with Dojo. I’ve never done anything with Dojo (until working), but I have experience from school with Javascript and JQuery. As long as you have a knowledge of one or both of those, you can at least have some sort of beginning foundation to learn Dojo.

The simple answer is that it’s an open source Javascript library/toolkit that adopts functions similar to JQuery, but unfortunately, my coworkers say that it’s harder to understand and utilize than JQuery or Javascript… The main functions it provides (in a workplace) are widgets containing charts and graphs. Dojo is used with asynchronous communication to the server and browser, which means that AJAX functions need to be implemented in order to update content without having to reload the entire page. With Dojo, data can also be stored locally on the client-side securely and with authentication from the user and stored in the server through datastore implementations from the dojo.data namespace.

No comments:

Post a Comment