Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Top 5 Modes of Entertainment While Riding Public Transit

How do you entertain yourself during those annoying and inevitable commutes? All of these are based on what myself and my friends have observed while riding public transit (bus, subway, train) within the past year. Here is what we've noticed (in no particular order):

1. Play candy crush/go on Facebook -- Oh Candy Crush, what a notoriously addicting game you are... enough to pass the time during your long morning and evening commutes... especially if your poor brain is fried!
2. Listen to music - dearest music player, I'd feel totally bored out of my mind and become madly disturbed by all of the irritating noises I'm randomly surrounded by, such as popping gum, people coughing, etc. Without my earbuds in blasting some Avenged Sevenfold to get me pumped for the day or some Muse to cool me down and keep me awake on the way back, I'd go nuts... and I don't miss my stop from dozing off!
3. Stare at their phones - People are always so glued to their darn phones that they don't stop and take a second to look at the scenery (if there is any), but texting people definitely keeps me entertained, passes the time, and keeps me social. It also helps when the train is delayed and I need to email my manager (courtesy of my smart phone) saying that I'm going to be late as I'm stating at my phone begging for the train to move and time to stop. Reading online articles is also quite nice as well!
4. Read a book/magazine/ebook - Don't have time to read? Why not entertain yourself with your reading medium of choice while you're just sitting (or standing) there? Reading is productive, right? And learning is fun too! Knowledge is power!
5. Stare into space - This is what happens when your phone has no service (or dies), you don't have anything to do or read, or you just don't feel like doing anything because your you want to relax for awhile... Definitely acceptable as long as you don't miss your stop or run into "unsafe people"...

Not even talking makes this list because so many people are in their own little world's that they don't take the time to talk to others. Stop sticking your head down and go talk to someone... though I'm guilty of staring at my phone writing this on the train too :P

No comments:

Post a Comment