Sunday, November 16, 2014

Freedom from Strings

I feel a scream coming on...
The entirety of my being publicly sits in solitude in desk land... impatiently waiting for a green light...
Is there a "spend all day talking to your boyfriend" card I could pull just for one day as we act as slaves to The Man...

Can't it be assumed I can exercise my altruism and passions for making a difference?
But virtually my entire day is locked away not feeling at bay as the grey never goes away,
And my heart stands confined in its shiny gold box glowing and begging to be utilized...

I'm ready to explode already...
Struggling to maintain full consciousness and a professional demeanor as my mind wanders elsewhere due to the engagement switch shutting itself off... My poor heart remains confined...
I feel like a pink light in a grey world waiting to be noticed and be granted a release from the ball and chain...

My emotions are tempted to attack themselves because they're unable to protrude through the cloudy grey skies...
Goddamnit, why does society expect us to wear fake smiles all the time? We're people... and emotions are part of people... in ANY setting...

You know, humans lacking emotions are robots... right?
I've been ready to exercise my strength for awhile now...
I don't want my self-doubt running about...

As I keep waiting indefinitely for my future to unfold... wait a minute.... why am I waiting? I could go find opportunities right now!
Why am I waiting? Because I'm too scared to want to make a move?
Why the fuck am I waiting? Because life, it's time to take a stand...

I'm ready to take on the world now...
When my bravery needs to boast itself, my heart engages...
Because time is ticking away and I'm sick and tired of fucking wasting it away bullshitting myself all the time...

The plan of attack has been in motion for so long but when will you know that something will happen?
I want it now! Like Violet the selfishly impatient child...

But fortunately, there's always a way if your heart posses the right drivers to push yourself into success land...
Just do it!
Why wait?
Go free yourself from your strings!

No comments:

Post a Comment