Sunday, February 22, 2015

Running Around

My poetic version of what it feels like for life to be a complete adventure and having numerous errands to do. Enjoy!



Running around, running around
Where the hell do I begin this stream?
My brain feels tight
There’s thoughts wanting to fight
As I’m holding back with all my might
It’s definitely time to take flight
Without any fears in sight…

Adventures everywhere
Sometimes make me want to pull my hair
While in transit all the livelong day until my body refuses to stay awake…
Because a break seems nowhere to be found
When all you're doing is running around…

Running around, running around
I'm finally free from sitting in this box of loneliness all day
After feeling like the kid who gets in trouble at school and has to sit at the desk in the corner facing the wall...
The sounds of “What do I do? Where do I go?” vibrate within my mind
Only seeing the time fly faster than a bullet train reaching its next destination
While the hours, the minutes, the seconds, vanish in the blink of an eye...

A void from being stuck in the norm needs to be flooded with fulfillment,
But there's a storm cloud
Encasing my creativity in a chainmail shroud
Which must be torn…

What do I do? Where do I go?
There are too many cells flowing on overdrive in the hive
Of the next steps to take in the life of a young twenty-something millennial…

When you were a child, you had a vague idea of what you want to do when you grow up…
Firefighter, doctor, nurse, lawyer, businessman…
Which for me, over the years, evolved into poet, web developer, martial artist, sword fighter, chef, nerd, healthspirer, blogger, youtuber, warrior, musician, producer, singer, lyricist, volunteer, comedian, game show winner, novelist, teacher…
What the fuck do I want to do?
As a computer programmer by day and artist by night,
The list is endless,
But in order to find opportunity, you need to be running around in networking land…

Running around, running around
Where on earth is destination to be found?
You won’t find it if you don’t go exploring…
But preparation and opportunity must meet in the middle…

Running around, running around
It's time to figure out where the dreams lie
With optimism, pride, and forward strides in mind
It's definitely time to go for a joyride!

No comments:

Post a Comment