Friday, September 21, 2018

The Nest

I don't need a parent...

The ones who constantly narrate that I need to finish my taxes and not stay up all night instead of asking how my trip to the arcade with my friends was or talking about the state of the world...
You treat me like how a mother bird feeds worms to her young and not let me fly away when the time comes...

I may have had to return to your nest because mine was filled with the plague, but I don't want you to put that or "being my parents" on a pedestal. I didn't choose you like Ash chose Pikachu.
You always look at the sky and see it as grey and look at the glass as half empty, but at least you taught me resilience and fortitude.

I've been hiding behind my lingo wall for so long, but what I want to tell you is that sometimes you need to let the law of polarity run its course, let me land when I want to land, and let me use a few continues as I continue to advance my life!

I am doing my best to finish the race, but at least I'm still running!

No comments:

Post a Comment