Saturday, November 9, 2013

Emergence Poetry Book

I plan on eventually publishing a book of my poetry since I have written a large quantity of poems (of course I would go back and revise everything) and the book would be called Emergence. The book would basically be a compilation of my poems that are not spoken word. My spoken word poems would instead be posted on youtube and uploaded here, but I need to get over to an open mic night first because I would rather have people see my poems in action than me sitting in front of my computer recording myself.

I chose this one as the title poem because a major theme I use in a lot of my poems is showing that you can always triumph when you run into some rough patches along the way as long as you don't give up. I feel like this would tie in nicely with the rest of my poems and would be the very first poem listed in my book. Enjoy!

Don't forget to like me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RebsMcduxler



Emergence
Slowly creeping from the shadows to the outside world
Surfacing from obscurity
Always being the underdog
Trying to make a difference…

While uniquely existing
And never resisting
Opportunity rises
Failure falls
Success grasped
Victory achieved

No comments:

Post a Comment