Sunday, March 2, 2014

How to Trim Your Straight Across Bangs

Note that I am NOT a hair stylist. I just like to experiment in that realm. This was the second time I had tried trimming my bangs and the first time I cut them way too short. Here is how to properly trim your bangs to make them look pretty vs how to jack them up (with me adding some funny to the mix):

How NOT to trim your bangs:

First, go into the bathroom. Grab the smallest scissors you can find within the bathroom. If there isn't one in the bathroom, run downstairs aimlessly to find one. Then make sure you're in the bathroom with the scissors. Start cutting your bangs in a half-crescent shape (not a huge crescent though, but enough to have a bit of a curve), but meanwhile, there's nowhere in your hair you can draw a line unless you have colored hair spray (which can of course be washed out). It turns into you aimlessly trying to cut a decent shape out of thin air and it looks kind of wonky until you determine it to be "good enough". No one else can tell, but in your head you're like "argh these look weird", but go along with it realizing that your hair will grow back soon and know that your job doesn't care what your bangs look like anyways!

How to properly trim your bangs

For real, this is how I did it and it turned out perfectly actually. It's not as difficult as you would imagine (and I am the one who overcomplicates EVERYTHING). Grab a small hairtie and tire your bangs downward in the middle of your face. Grab a scissors again (preferably one that's sharp) and go to the bathroom. Only have a little bit of hair hanging from the bottom and cut that in a straight line. Fix edges as needed. Keep repeating that process until you reach the desired length with your bangs. The reason why I decided to do this in the first place is that I want to leave my bangs straight across and the hair place I usually go to is way farther away now because I moved out of my parent's house) and I don't feel like making the drive with this horrible snow. You should try this. It really does work, I promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment