Saturday, January 31, 2015

Journey To Health's Shrine

Every time I looked in the mirror,
I felt trapped inside my body...
Beauty faded from existence...
And confidence was too distant to fathom...

In the tall mirror's confines, I saw myself as a fat blob... continuously being picked apart by "friends" and "family" who enjoyed flaunting my flaws in the public eye...

My belly hung over my pants like extra meat falling off the front of a burger...
While the wrong people wanted to take a bite...

These 60 extra pounds on my back, which I prayed to be able to throw away every day, were stuck like brick and mortar being nailed into the ground...
These demons, which existed for my college days and then some, were soon able to be defeated...

One day on the battlefield, a camping trip to a medieval foam swordfighting battle and a spear to the face led me to my guru who turned me over to health's shrine...

10 months and lots of help later, overweightness played a permanent disappearing act!

Once my new self was unsheathed, I knew I had to pay it forward and spread the word of the shrine's teachings...

My guru, being the holistic doctor he is, introduced to me how to live the healthiest possible life while fully embodying my surroundings and my being...

From my experiences and my guru's advice, eating healthy doesn't mean an apple a day to keep the doctor away or eating salads for life to keep your clothes on just right...
It's making sure you indulge in moderation, eating your fruits and veggies, and not turning your plate into a losing game of Tetris.

Exercising definitely doesn't mean going to the gym 7 days a week for 2 hours at a time, but you can surely do martial arts, dance, walk, bike, run, swim, exergame, or even run around in the grass hitting each other with foam weapons, and still call it exercise... but be sure to do a combination of any or more of the awesomeness for at least 2.5 hours per week...

Being healthy is utilizing your body and mind to its fullest potential every day, while keeping your mind awake and in the now...

These words of wisdom may sound simple, but in order to understand the shrine, you need love to unlock its meaning. Not a fad diet, not something that gives you pre-packed meals, and especially not the "I'm going to do it myself" method...

No one is ever alone, nor should be picked on for not being as teeny and thin-boned as a barbie doll.
The struggle is real, and for those who wish to take the plunge towards healthspiration's paths, it is up to you to choose your destiny... though it may take awhile to find as it took me 3 years and 4 tries.
I wish to sprinkle my seeds to those around me wherever I land and serve as a catalyst of motivation for others... in ways such as listening to a lady at work's cry for help, providing her with guidance, and joining a company-wide fitness challenge with her to keep her on track and have someone to get an extra boost of "I can do it" from.

In the end, we are all beautiful creatures no matter what shape or size you are. Embrace your body, flaunt your curves and your everything to the world, and smile... while keeping health's shrine in mind. You deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment