Sunday, January 4, 2015

Reassurance

This is a "persona poem" I wrote in my oh so lovely poetry class where I was writing about what my boyfriend would say to me (me talking through his voice). He would always reassure me that everything would go smoothly and that I'm a better person than I think I am. Enjoy!



Haaaaaayyy!
I know you're on a mission to better yourself,
And now, I'm peeking into your dream to gleam upon your life...
Because you know, I know you way better than you think I do... and feel like I can read your mind…
It literally feels like we've met in a past life and held our hearts together for eternity only to need each other now!
Any strife or dumb bullshit you've been through, take my hand and go to neverland because that shit’s in the past...

We shall operate as a team!
Starting by taking our visions we constantly discuss on Google Hangouts, such as starting a business, making a mobile app, making a technology blog, making websites together, whatever else it is, and placing them into fruition!
That way, we can prance around in Japan or Hawaii on the beach, be alone on our own private island in dream land, enjoy near-unlimited cute time together, and engage in cuddle puddles with Ash the evil kitty of adorableness!
Let's lie down and look at the stars while we plot our plans to execute our everything's together...
Of course without bickering about trivial crap that is only going to lead us into a loop of eventually despising each other...
The amount we can see and accomplish together is endless… as long as we are dreamers AND doers!

Oh Rebs...
I can totally see ourselves traveling together... not looking back but only looking forward...
Yes, that trip to the World’s Fair in Italy, which you’ve mentioned 8 bagillion times IS happening as well!
When we went to goodwill to grab ourselves a place to store your clothes aka a rusty mc desk drawer,
I really wanted to let you know how much you don't need makeup to impress anyone... which would give us an extra bit of us time... and cuddles as we lie with our skin touching as we feel each other's heart and embrace each other's being...
And even more time to sleep in the morning while we're exploring the world together...
Why?
Because you're beautiful...
No need for further explanation...
You don't need to try to impress me... all I need is you hunny...

The stars synchronize and we, the duo laughing at each other pretending to be an old couple and eating the el famous Max breakfast of oatmeal with almond milkie, hard boiled eggs, and an orange, are going to continue to tackle the world by storm as we work to combat injustice and foster the greatest efficiencies...
Just be yourself and believe in yourself... and let's enjoy us, while we fuse our hearts together, place our bullshit arguments behind us, and make each other whole... as we are one!
I'll be the happiest man in the world when you no longer need reassurance of my love for you...
I love you to the moon and back, and nothing will change that, especially because you love Ash, who is my baby and my boy!
I choose you, Pikachu!
Never forget that you silly dorkface!

Now let’s cheers to a long and treasurable forever with my darling by my side and a tasty glass of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment