Saturday, June 1, 2013

Douse the Despair Short Story Intro

Yeah, I have been in a reflective mood lately and spontaneously decided to write a short story about my apartment mishap to finally just get it off my chest and be able to 100% move on from it. Long story short, I had a nightmare of a living situation for two years and was basically confined to my room the entire time. I spent those years finding any way to run away from my apartment for good, but fortunately enjoyed virtually everything else during that time. 

I wrote a poem yesterday called "Douse the Despair" that basically discussed my outlook on going back and forth between my apartment and home... both of which were awful. It was like me struggling to maintain optimism through turmoil. With that being said, I decided to keep the title the same and draw out the poem in writing terms.

Here's the poem: http://dbzmaron.blogspot.com/2013/05/douse-despair.html

In my intro, I decided to centralize everything around me (Shira) and the roommate (Kylie). The roommate's boyfriend (who basically freeloaded and lived there too) will be introduced later.

Don't mess with me or I will write about you ;) Jk! I am NOT an advocate for Taylor Swift's writing style, nor am I a fan, but that just seems to be how my mind has been working lately (except I'm not writing about an ex boyfriend of mine in a negative way)!

Enjoy!



"Go to your room!" You hear these words in your childhood days when being punished for frolicking in the creek and coming home dirty. A welcoming place known as home would be the epitome of intensified feelings of solitary confinement in a prison cell.

In the crazy college town of Average where crushed beer bottles on the sidewalk are a commonality, apartment life for college students is one of the most sought after experiences one can ever hope for… except for Shira. Yearning to meet new people, she asks a girl she barely knows, Kylie, to live with her. Shira's optimism and cheerful nature would only place her in a toxic environment which she constantly compares to living in hell. When she would go back to her hometown on occasion, she would be greeted by her monstrous parents and retreat her room for safety. Shira first moving into the apartment was like walking into a room with vicious animals greeting her at the door. She felt very unwelcome, put her belongings in the remaining crevices, walked into her bedroom, and shut the door. Kylie's initial cordial, friendly, and manipulative nature prompted Shira to decide to stay at the apartment for a second year. After resigning the lease, a new home turned into a confining witches den set up for Shira's two year punishment… 

No comments:

Post a Comment