Saturday, June 29, 2013

Eat Those Words

A new addition to my spoken word collection, I verbally and artistically express my feelings towards how I feel when my parents continuously try to put me down all the time... I get through it nonetheless, but it's how I express myself to continue to keep myself happy, sane, and thriving!

I called my parents "dude" because it's what I'd say to anyone else who talks smack to me. Parents and elders deserve the utmost respect until they disrespect you. In this case, "dude" has a demeaning connotation to represent how I feel towards them! It was also used because I was going to originally writing this about someone (a guy) who jokingly called me "Snorlax" and "Rosie O'Donnell" (allusions to being fat), but something my parents said to me before I went out with my friends last night far surpassed me taking offense to someone's jokes...



Dude, you're out of your mind!

How would you feel
To feel dead inside?

Why would you dispel hatred through simple vocabulary?
Publicly spilling my lack of character
Through representation of my salary
Saying how even though my hard work brings me green
It still doesn't make me strong

All you do is look at my lack of xyz
Not what I do have
Because you always want to undermine my strengths
In order to revolve around the lack of yours
While I still hold onto mine…

You better eat those putrid words
While falling into the ashes
Alone…

Do you know what?
I'm "sorry" that I haven't molded into the woman YOU want me to be
But I'm slowly evolving through my own realm into the woman I WANT to be
And I'll light your pathetic evil on fire
Shining through my own light

Why? The ailing heart mutters
Dude, I got three things on you:
1. My clean dignity
2. Traits and qualifications that decorate a resume and leave you starstruck
And 3. Enough green to more than satisfy me for the rest of my life

I may carry a 60 pound bag on my back
But there is one thing I will never be
And that is broke
There is one thing I will never feel
And that is depressed
Because you will never drag me into the pit of despair with you

I'll be makin' it rain harder than you EVER will
Because my baggage makes me stronger
Take it or leave it!

To those who wish to solely inflict pain
Even to loved ones
You'll go down hell's path
Where the devil will happily be waiting to plan your demise

To those who live through love
You'll go down rainbow road
A cloud will soothingly carry you towards the heavens
And I'll take you under my wing

But to you, my friend
Family, friend, or foe
You better bite your tongue
Gun up
And eat those putred words
And quit playin' the fool
Because I'm not your problem child
I'm not your failure
Your idiot
Your loser
The one who possesses evil vibes
The problem starter, drama carrier, whatever
I'm your DAUGHTER
Which is something I bet you can't fathom…
Because to you, the word FAMILY means NOTHING to you…
So I'll just go my own way
Along the path of transformation…

Whatever you think of me
I think better of myself
You'll always know that
While you burst in flames
And I rise to the top!




If you want some more inspiration or find out when I post my next poem or blog post, like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RebsMcduxler

No comments:

Post a Comment