Wednesday, April 6, 2016

10 Signs You're Adulting Just Fine

The adult world can be a jungle without a map,
But I can tell you 10 reasons why you and I are doing just fine.

1. After graduating from college and taking ownership of my expensive piece of paper,
I thought I landed my dream job right away.
Little did I know, I'd be riding a sinking ship.
At least I found a life boat and a place to work!

2. Some people are connected to their blood family.
My clan is comprised of a chosen few I genuinely love.
I'm blessed to have a family.

3. Everyone wants to feel like they're a part of something.
It could range from a religious organization to a group of nerds who hit each other with foam weapons;
If I can belong to one of the most outlandish groups out there, you can belong somewhere too!

4. I'd rather be single than in a miserable marriage or have an oops baby and ruin my life. It's fun to be able to dance like Beyonce, waving my hands without a ring on my finger, and be proud of it!

5. I sometimes compare myself to others, especially through social media, but no one around me has their black belt. I'm always aware I can always kick some serious ass!

6. I feel like I need a money management 101 class, which was never taught in school,
But at least I can afford to pay my bills on time!

7. Even if you see other people reaching their dreams before you, you are on your own journey and will reach your goals at your own time! Keep your eyes on the prize! You are worthy of success!

8. Sometimes during these mapless adventures, you reach a crossroad. Difficult decisions and sacrifices will have to be made, but it's all for the gold. Realize and accept these necessary choices and believe in your journey!

9. Don't take small things for granted. If you think you're low on your luck, be blessed you have a roof over your head, a place to listen to art, and the health capacity to be here today.

And 10. If you are alive, you are adulting just fine. Just be thankful for this beautiful life!

No comments:

Post a Comment