Monday, December 21, 2015

Sail at the Shooting Star

Meanwhile in short poem land... Sail at the Shooting Star! I wrote this to represent my desires to feel like I'm making it in this world!

=================================

Whenever I see people who’ve climbed to the top already,
I wonder why I haven’t reached the peak yet…
I’m sure there are plenty of people who go through the routine of waking up, doing whatever in the bathroom, eating breakfast, going to work, coming home, eating dinner, watching TV, and going to bed.
But I want more, even if it means losing my sanity a little.

When my eyes see the light each morning, I feel like I end up writing the same thing in my journal,
As I travel merrily on my way to nowhere.
Is there really a yellow brick road this movie speaks of, to lead me to the land of destiny?
The place where I pave my own path,
Acknowledge my accidents,
And move forward frequently?

Being forced to fly on the isle of my creators,
I had to navigate the stormy skies alone,
Thinking there’s no finish line,
While still sailing away.

Resilience guides me through each sorry letter thrown in the shredder,
And each match lost with no damper in my spirits.
I will never accept a knockout,
Even if every ounce of me is broken.

The warrior’s spirit tells me not to be like Violet,
Otherwise I’ll turn into a giant exploding blueberry sentenced back to start.
My guru tells me if I wait for the shooting star, I'll be able to snap the right photo!

The goal is near,
Just keep plugging away
Because when resilience wins,
You win!

No comments:

Post a Comment